Nancy Laden, Ministry Lead
One of God’s greatest gifts is the universal character of the Church, blessing and calling us to live in solidarity with our sisters and brothers in faith throughout the world. Sister Parish relationships help parishes to live out Catholic social teaching. St. Philip’s “Sister Parish” relationship with St. Charles Borromeo in LeBorgne, Haiti dates back to the 1970s. On the first Sunday of the month our second collection is for the Haiti Ministry. In addition to raising funds, our Haiti Ministry actively works with the people of St. Charles helping them in many concrete ways.
Our Sister Parish
Projects for 2017 include:
- The School Supply Drive held in the Summer.
- Continued support for the Canteen program.
- Build out bathrooms in the school.
- Dental Clinic in Winter/Spring 2017.
- Eye Glasses Clinic in Winter/Spring 2017.
- 3 new portable water systems and hiring three men to filter and distribute clean water.
- Support the Sewing School with fabric and patterns.
- Begin to support local agriculture.