This ministry is dedicated to a respect for all human life from the moment of conception to the moment of natural death. Through education and a public information effort the ministry works to identify and address pro-life issues and needs of the parish and community. Various activities include the spiritual adoption of unknown, unborn babies, letter writing campaigns in support of pro-life legislation, the organization of programs addressing respect for life issues, and support of the Mulier Care and Tennessee Right to Life.
Current Pro-life Events
With other parishes of the Diocese of Nashville, St. Philip will again stand vigil outside abortion centers in prayer for mothers and babies.
Our parish has committed to standing vigil on Saturdays from 7:00am to 6:00pm. We ask parishioners to signup for two-hour shifts of prayer and vigil outside Planned Parenthood, 412 Dr. DB Todd Boulevard, Nashville. Come any day that it is convenient for you to spend time peacefully praying for the end of abortion.
Instructions to sign up online for 40 Days for Life vigil hours:
Sign up for a Vigil Hours slot by going online to 40daysforlife.com/local-campaigns/nashville/
- If you have not previously created a login, click on “Create a Login” and follow the instructions to register and set up a password.
- If you have a login from previous years, click on “Log In”
- Click on “Sign up for vigil hours”
- Click on the green “+” sign on the date you will participate
- Review the Statement of Peace agreement and click “I Agree. Sign me up!”
- Click on the blue “+” sign next to the hours you will participate. Your name will be added to that time.
- If you made a mistake, you can click on the “x” at the end of the line to delete or go to your profile to review and correct your scheduled participation.
- If you are still having trouble please email email@example.com or call Mark Darais our Nashville Coordinator 214-708-5378
For more information or to volunteer to work with St. Philip’s Right to Life Ministry, please contact Katherine Cimorelli, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your prayers and participation in this life saving event.